Saturday, April 11, 2015
9:30 am – 3:30 pm
NYU School of Law
40 Washington Square South
Complimentary entry but RSVP required
The Partnerships for Parks Conference provides community groups, park supporters, and open-space advocates an opportunity to unite and learn how local park stewards strengthen neighborhoods and improve the quality of life in New York City. We are excited to share a day with park enthusiasts from all five boroughs and to share best practices, tools, and resources we have honed over our 20 years of successfully supporting community partners and transforming communities.
Our conference workshops will include:
- Partners for Park Groups: Organizations to Know
- Getting Green $ for Your Green Space
- Best Practices from Partnerships for Parks
- Parks as a Catalyst for Community Change
- Volunteer to Lead: Planning Successful Volunteer Projects in Your Park
- Greening NYC: Street Tree Care Tips and Citywide Resources
Some featured speakers will include NYC Parks Commissioner Mitchell J. Silver, FAICP and NYC Council Member and Chair of the Committee on Parks & Recreation Mark D. Levine along with representatives from leading nonprofits and advocacy groups.
Following your registration and in advance of the conference, check our website for more information on speakers and workshops.
We hope you can join us!